Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Minot Aircraft Modelers Air Show




 I started this post a few weeks ago, and then got behind...another fun event that we saw publicized was an Air Show put on by the Minot Aircraft Modelers.  I headed out with the boys to the countryside of Minot and hoped my GPS wasn't going to let me down.  It rained the night before, so 9.5 miles on the gravel/muddy road was a little crazy, I had to drive pretty slowly at some spots so we didn't slide off the road, but we made it, and I found a different route back with a few less miles of muddy road.

It was a very windy day, so there were several model planes/helicopters out but only a few flew.  It was pretty fun to see them taxi, take-off, fly, and land.  Theo just enjoyed running in the field and seeing the planes up close.  Another family from our squadron at the time was there, so I visited with them for awhile (this was still while Mason was away) and Theo had fun running with their little boy who's close to his age.

We stayed for about an hour and a half and then I decided the sky was looking ominous enough that we should head home because I didn't want to roads to get really bad.  On one of the roads home we saw a family of geese crossing the road.  They were really hard to see because they camouflaged into the road, so I was glad a car coming in the opposite direction slowed down suddenly.  The goslings waddled pretty fast once they hit the field.  I don't think they cared for the cars too much.  A different, and fun event, and we even made the local evening news-check out the link below!  

Air Show Open House
the geese fleeing the road

No comments: