There are a lot of kids around Woodrow's age that we play with, and when I look at them, they all seem so much bigger than my little baby Woodrow. Then I sit back and look at pictures I've taken and I think, oh my goodness, Woodrow is becoming this little person who I'll soon can't call a baby any more.
It really seems like this past month flew by, but mostly because we had been so busy squeezing in last visits in Chicago, we traveled home, and then we've been settling back in to our routines here on the home front. I can't believe we got home two weeks ago...that's mostly because my suitcase is still on the floor of my bedroom (empty, but still sitting there).
Height: 28.7 inches
Weight: 19.3 lbs.
-Woodrow now has two bottom teeth! Hurray! Glad they pushed on through, and hopefully the next set comes through quickly and pain free.
-Completely weaned and is drinking from bottles only. He is a guzzler! I went out and bought 3-8 oz. bottles and he gets them in the morning, before nap, and before bedtime. Then he has about 3-4 4 oz. bottles throughout the day.
-Woodrow is getting better at eating solids. Strawberries are still his favorite, but he's learned how to eat the little puffs and yogurt melts. He also likes to gnaw on crust or bread, and this week he ate a whole pancake. I'm working on being better about 3 meals a day for him...he's just a mess, and slightly picky.
-Introduced a sippy cup to him. He seems more interested in grabbing Theo's cups that are around the house, but he has sipped a little water or milk from the sippy cup. Guess we only have 2 months to really get him off bottles...the time is going so fast!
-Woodrow is still napping, although it really varies between 2-4 hours. I've been trying to get him back to his sleep cycle now that he's back in his own room, so he's been getting up anytime between 8:30-10:00am.
-Since he's been teething, he's been wanting the pacifiers more and more, but I try to limit them (somewhat) so we can work on speech!
-Woodrow isn't too verbal yet, but he is babbling more and more, and I thought I caught a dada the other day, and it sounds like he says mamamama when he cries, but no actual word connections yet. I'm trying to talk and read more to him to get the skill going some more.
-Woodrow always wants to keep up with big brother and play with his toys which is pretty cute. It's been really nice weather here, but I think Woodrow gets a little frustrated outside, because it's not as fun to crawl on the cement or the grass, but he's making it work. Yesterday he actually walked with the walker for the first time, so that was cool!
-Woodrow loves to "cruise" around his crib, the coffee table, and train table...he's ready to go!
-Woodrow has a good set of lungs. Maybe he'll be a swimmer. He doesn't cry or scream too much, and it's always if he wants something. But if he wants to be heard, he's heard.
It's so fun to see both boys develop and change in to their own little selves. So excited that for the next post-Dad will be home from 5 months of being gone-hooray!
Sunday, June 8, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment