Saturday, May 11, 2013

Sprinkle Sugar Cookies

Very yummy!  Especially on days 2-3.  I made a triple batch so I could have some for a few different events I was going to this week.  I'll make again. 

Rainbow Sprinkle Cookies



  • 1/2 c. butter, softened
  • 3/4 c. sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 t. vanilla extract
  • 1/2 t. almond extract
  • 1 3/4 c. flour
  • 3/4 t. salt
  • 1 t. baking powder
  • 1 3 oz. jar rainbow sprinkles
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and extracts and beat for 2-3 minutes, until combined and smooth.
2. In a small bowl, sift or whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder. Add to the mixing bowl and beat just until completely combined.
3. Pour the rainbow sprinkles into a bowl or on a plate. Roll about a tablespoon of dough into a ball then roll through the sprinkles. Place on a cookie sheet and repeat until done.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.

No comments: