11 months already? I'm not sure that I can handle the next 30 days, knowing that the next blog post I write in this series will be, "Theo at 12 months." When people tell you to enjoy every minute because it goes so fast, they aren't exaggerating. And we are loving every minute of life with precious Theo.
Sometimes we have days that are tougher than others, or we aren't on the same page. Occasionally Theo doesn't fall into the plans that Mason and I would like to have for the afternoon (usually a nap) or evening (going to a movie would be fun), but every night before we go to bed we peek in on our sleeping Theo and just smile, because to us, he's the sweetest, cutest, little boy in the whole world.
It seems like this month he was perfecting his need for speed. Now that Theo can crawl on all fours and pull-up onto everything, that's what he spends his days doing. Moving. He's pretty fast, and will play "tag" with you. We will run in circles around our downstairs and he'll crawl along laughing as he tries to "catch" us. He has started to walk, pushing a walker, but I don't think we really have any good movies of it-yet. He can also climb the stairs, but fortunately he doesn't seem too interested unless another kid is climbing them, or he sees Mason climb them after work and Theo wasn't invited. No gates-yet.
It's a good thing that Theo is constantly on the go, because the boy loves to eat! He has transitioned to sippy cups during the day, and only has 1 bottle at bedtime. He's only drinking milk from the sippy's, sorry kid, no juice. He'd drink from a sippy cup at night too, but I like to have the snuggle time with him and his bottle (and it's less messy). He'll eat almost any food we give him. He's recently been enjoying Pad Thai, more variety of chicken, Mac and Cheese, and PEAS! I gave him some that were mixed with some carrots and he ate them! Hello frozen veggies- he's diggin them! He also LOVES yogurt, but he's been eating that for a while now. I'm sure he'll be in love with his birthday cupcake next month, because he already loves muffins.
Next month he'll have his 12 month check-up so there will be more info, like his height/weight.
We usually have a few play dates a week, go to the library, do our cleaning and shopping, read, nap, cook, visit with Mason. We're pretty busy and loving it all! Theo's been getting into coloring, and still loves reading. He can also play catch and peek-a-boo.
He's been more clingy when we are at home. Mostly I think he just wants to see what's going on. So if I'm in the kitchen cooking dinner, doing dishes, or whatever, he's holding on to my legs trying to see what's up. Theo also LOVES playing with shoes. He likes his shoes, my shoes, and Mason's socks. It's pretty funny watching him crawl around with shoes in his hands.
He really is the sweetest boy! We're so lucky to have him in our lives. I'm thinking now that we still have a while before he's walking, so stay tuned for the 12 month update.
1 comment:
love it
Post a Comment