(Week 7 Baby Kehs)
Well, it's been facebook official for about a week now, and I finally have time to sit and blog about the fact that Mason and I are expecting our first baby on (or around) October 5th! We are thrilled! We've known for about a month now, but it seems like we've known for even longer. Since taking two pee tests early one Monday morning in January, we've been to two doctors appointments, I've had blood drawn twice, seen our baby twice on the ultrasounds, seen and heard the heartbeat, gone to a parenting class on base, and told our families, friends, and co-workers.
I can honestly say, I don't think I've ever felt this amazement in life before. The "when to have kids" conversation has been a ongoing discussion since before we were even married, and when people say there is no perfect time, I think this is the most perfect time. Some of my friends, or my mom might say, that's not what you were saying a year ago, but I'm really glad that this is the time that we are starting our family. 2011 is full of many milestones and this is just an added one to our list of accomplishments.
By the end of this year we should both be finished with our masters degrees (I'm doubling up courses to finish by the end of summer), Mason will become a Captain in the USAF, Mason will be deployed, I'll finish my 4th year of teaching, and we'll be having a baby. I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting.
We have begun slowly cleaning out our guest room to "transform" it into the baby's room, which simply means getting rid of junk and maybe putting in some carpeting and a crib. No fancy painting for us, unless I can convince Mason to paint a mural in his ha ha, free time. We've started looking into what we'll need to support this little child and are pretty convinced we're going to start with the basics and go from there. Mason said tonight at dinner, if the baby starts crying we'll just take him/her to Target and whatever we put them in that gets them to stop crying, we'll buy. Love that man, and I like his theory. (Week 7 Mommy)
Despite having a cold and strep throat in the past two months, I've been feeling all right. Some nausea in the mornings and late afternoons, but usually some cheerios or goldfish can ease the stomach. I thought all the pregnancy symptoms you hear were sort of silly, until I broke two bras in a week, and food aversions hit full force. I think I told Mason he stunk like an onion for an entire week. Unfortunately for Mason, food preparation is not my most enjoyable activity these days, so he's been foraging for himself since I'm quite content eating my diet of applesauce, pears, cheerios, goldfish, and ice-cream. Thank God my baby likes ice-cream because pasta seems to have taken a back seat. :( I haven't really gained any weight yet, also thankful for that since I'm already packing on many extra unneeded pounds, but I guess I loose that battle eventually.
Mason has been an amazing husband. Not only was he thrilled to find out the news, but he's been able to arrange his work schedule to come to doctors appointments with me (since I HATE them) and that has been a priceless experience having him with me to see the ultrasounds. He's been patient when I've told him he smells like an onion, stayed awake with me (for an entire week almost) when we were just too excited to sleep, and has been flexible with meal options. My Dad told Mason, enjoy her (Ellen) now because in a few months you'll wonder where she went and what happened to the nice wife. Fortunately for Mason, I have a feeling he'll be skipping town (deployment) for the unbearable heat of summer and my increasing girth in the summer months- but my plan (watch out Barksdale pool goers) is to let it all hang out at the pool this summer, and chillin' at home.
Some answers to questions you might be having:
1. What are you having?
A baby. We are not going to find out the sex until it pops out!
2. When are you due?
October 5th, hopefully close to then
3. Isn't Mason supposed to be deployed then?
Yes, and his bosses are trying to work out a plan to fit everyone's needs, so we'll have more details later
4. Are you (Ellen) going back to work?
It changes day by day, but on paper, yes I am.
5. Do you want a boy or a girl?
We want a healthy baby, but I'd have to say we each have a preference opposite of what you may think.
6. Any names picked out?
We will reveal names when the baby is born
7. How far along are you?
This week is our 8th week, so we're 2 months in already! We have our next appointment on March 8th and hopefully all is developing nicely! (Week 7 Mommy and Daddy)
Friday, February 25, 2011
We're Havin' a Baby, Baby!
Posted by
Ellen
at
8:55:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment