Thursday, December 23, 2010

Happy Holidays!

Lots to celebrate this month. While the beginning of the month began with a great deal of sadness and stress, Mason and I are in Chicago on a relaxing winter vacation. We are fortunate to have the time to be up here with our families for two whole weeks; especially since we haven't been home since last Christmas (which is way too long in our books). So far we've spent time sleeping, eating, fighting traffic, and seeing family. Mason went paintball(ing) with our nephews Tristan and Rowan tonight, while I enjoyed a manicure with my sister Jill and then dinner with my parents and Jill. I can't believe that tomorrow is already Christmas Eve, but again just loving the time with family and friends.

We both just completed our halfway points in our masters classes (go us) and despite our busy schedules we've both managed to maintain 4.0 gpas in our programs. Mason is doubling up classes in January, and I'll be taking an action research class, not sure what that means yet, but I'm sure it will be stressful and time consuming. Either way it is comforting to know that at this time next year we should both be DONE with our Master's degrees. Glad I am working on it now because I'm not sure I would ever want to go back to school again after this.

I completed all of my Praxis tests that I need for a "permanent" certification in Louisiana, so I am glad that I can begin the process of getting that completed (ie pay the state more money for a sheet of paper). I was also chosen as the high school teacher of the year at my school, so that was pretty awesome! More portfolios to write and put together for the next level, but glad for the opportunity

Mason has worked really hard at work to "re-design" and update the in-flight guide that the B-52 crew members fly with. He has put in so many hours of work on this project over the last few months, and created a really great product (or so I hear) and I know he is anxious to get it printed and delivered to the hundreds of crew that will receive his hard work.

We have been slow about getting out a holiday letter; it's written but needs to be printed, mailed, etc...so we may get a copy posted up here soon. In the meantime- happy holidays!

No comments: