Wednesday, August 25, 2010

And the days go by

Gosh, time has been literally just passing by so quickly. My hope was to have all the blog posts from our Japan trip completed before school started; obviously that goal did not happen. In the meantime I may be alternating between Japan and life- these -days posts for awhile.

This week starts the 4th week we’ve been in school- can you believe it? This year our school went to a seven-period school day. I have a whole new respect for my high school teachers who taught different classes all day long on a nine period day. There are positives and negatives to this new schedule. Classes are shorter and we have the students all year long; however, that means I have seven preps and that’s a lot of kids in and out all day long.

So far classes have been going well. I have been the mean teacher assigning homework on weekends, giving projects, and calling parents. So far, all parents seem on board with supporting their students and me. I am teaching a theater class this year, which is a lot of fun and hopefully more students’ will want to join Drama Club. I’m going to try to have Drama meet during lunch this year, so I can spend less time staying after school. Sylvan has been working out well, as I’ve only had to work there one or two days a week so far.

I just finished my 3rd master’s class, and thankfully have a two week break before the next class starts. This past class took a lot out of me- I was not very interested in the content of the class. Mason just started up again with his classes after taking a break since May.

Mason has been busy, as usual, with work. He has been flying once or twice a week and having sims and other projects to work on the other days. Just last week he switched “secondary jobs.” In additional to his military flying job, everyone has a secondary role in the squadron. Mason was working as the RA in the finance office- he of course was great at the job, but didn’t always get the credit he deserved. He’s now working in the OGV office basically keeping track of check rides and doing more important work for the overall mission. I’m sure he’ll write more about that later.

In our non-work lives we have been trying to relax, emphasis on trying. We’ve been quite the movie buffs and we went to see Shrek Ever After and Toy Story 3 on base, we sprung for real movies and went to see Inception in the real theater. Last night I went with some of my girlfriends to see Eat, Pray, Love. I’m reading the book for book club, and was hoping to finish it before seeing the movie, but I liked the movie anyway.

This year I am on the Socials board for the Office Spouse Club on base and we recently had our first tailgating kickoff party. We had over 106 people come to our event, and hopefully most of the newer people will join. I have a great time at the events and am sad that I’ll have to miss our daytime events.

Things are really busy, but hopefully everything will calm down shortly.

No comments: