Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Adventures in November

This year Mason and I are not hosting Thanksgiving dinner, which to me is really strange since we've had people at our house since we've left the nests. We're very grateful and fortunate to have made such wonderful friends in Shreveport that we were invited to friends for festivities, but something just didn't feel right about not really doing any cooking other than the dish that we're bringing there. So, tonight (after a nice long nap) I set up shop in the kitchen. I think I had 4 different things going on at once. I was simultaneously making Turkey Chimichangas for dinner, sugar cookie dough, cinnamon bread dough, and a spinach dish for tomorrow. Everything was going really well...fast forward two hours to when I remove the bread from the oven. I was showing up my "Golden Perfection" bread to Mason, right as I said that the pan burnt my arm and went flying onto the living room carpet, hot cinnamon goo everywhere, luckily the bread wasn't really ruined, but it created on of those freak out, is the bread ruined, my arm hurts, this always happens and is frustrating/hysterical moments...It was like a bad Lucy routine, ah well, hope it tastes good.

That would sum up the craziness that is our life these days. My parents came into town mid-November, which was perfect! We've been quite lonesome for family and eager to have guests come see our house, so it was a small blessing that they were able to come in to see us. The weather ended up being perfect and we were able to hang out at our house and read, tour the East side of base, and go to an art museum near our house with a nice outdoor area. It was especially neat that we got to see Mason flying while my parents were here. It just happened that they arrived late at night while Mason was flying so we were able to see him, no pictures but I do have a picture of him taxing on the runway after a different flight.

Mason's been very busy with flying. He has been averaging two flights and a sim a week, really pushing to take his checkride before Christmas. On the one hand this is nice, but some flights they have been unable to do some "maneuvers" which he's been bummed about, but overall glad that he should check before Christmas break. We finally found out that we'll be going to the 20th squadron when Mason finishes training. Which doesn't mean a whole lot, essentially it is just the squadron he'll be in once training is over...I was very excited about this because a lot of my friends are in this squadron, which means I see more wives I know at spouse/squadron functions. The 20th squadron is the Buccaneers, so we may go pirate- argh!

School has been very fast paced. We only have 3 weeks left in the semester once we go back to school next week. I'm excited to have new classes, but at the same time, bummed that I'll have to break in new classes...but I've got a lot planned. I'm really debating on whether or not to start a master's degree, but I can't decide...so I might just wait until the spring/summer. We'll see.

Well, time to tend to more bread and cookies. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Sorry, Ellen - Ralph Kramden???

Mom said...

oh, brittney spears!