Monday, May 11, 2009

Things I Love


I love Mason. Last Tuesday, May 5th, Mason and I celebrated our 2 year wedding anniversary! I can't even believe it. We were married in Northern Illinois, celebrated our 1 year anniversary in Texas, and then here we were celebrating 2 years in Louisiana...dare I say, we might spend year 3 in North Dakota? Mason and I were planning on taking a day trip somewhere near by, but unfortunately the Air Force pulled rank, and all the casuals (basically Mason's class) was called in to help set-up for this past weekends air show. Mason and the other guys had to do things like pick up all the rental cars for the performers, and other things that probably would have taken a quarter of the time if the person in charge was organized...but that's my own craziness talking. We ended up having a nice dinner at home outside on our new patio furniture. I attempted to make Pad Thai, but it just didn't turn out quite right...and neither did my cake. It was completely cooled, but for some reason, once I started icing the cake, it cracked and crumbled. It made for a good laugh after dinner (by then it had split into four quarters).

I love air shows. It's so strange to me, to meet people, that are in the Air Force, or are associated in some way, that don't like them. Perhaps it was that my parents took us every year to the Chicago Air and Water Show, and then I met Mason, but I love them! It's amazing to me what tricks and acrobatics these machines can do. On Thursday, Mason and another Lt. were "guarding" a gate onto the ramp/flight line. I was lucky enough to be able to sit with them, and basically watch all the planes come in for the show. I even got to see the Blue Angels and Canadian Snowbirds perform. Totally sweet! Friday night, there was a small twilight show that featured a few of the smaller performers, like biplanes, the Mig, and a ultralight. We got to walk around the planes, and look at the static displays. I finally got to see the DA20 that Mason flew when he was in Pueblo Colorado a year and a half ago- it was super tiny! On Saturday, Mason and I had to work the booth for the 11th (well, I volunteered to work with Mason) and we had to sell t-shirts etc...at least we were shaded by the wing of a B52- and could see the show decently. Sunday was a bit more cloudy and rainy, but Mason didn't have to work, so we snuck over to walk around more, and see if anyone was flying. The action didn't start until the afternoon, so we stayed awhile and then decided to go home for lunch, and see what we could from our backyard! The view was amazing!!!!! I couldn't believe it!

Anniversary pics and Air Show
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2028976&id=77800450&l=4b414795b7
Air Show from our backyard
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2028979&id=77800450&l=1e633fd8c4

I love my mom and mom-in-law. Yesterday was Mother's Day, and while I was planning this post for then, I was much to tired to blog last night. I'm very happy that I get to go home in three weeks for my little sister's high school graduation, and that I get to see all of our family!

Lastly, I love that I now have a job for the summer! I will be tutoring math (I know, can you believe it, me math?!) at Sylvan Learning Center. The hours are great. Mostly flexible, and no Friday-Sunday. Wahoo! I'm hoping that this will be a great summer job, and it will tie me/us over until I can get a job teaching. Then, I hope to continue with both. I begin training tomorrow- yay!

This is my: what a great/exhausting life photo

No comments: