This week was a long week full of completing report cards, holding parent-teacher conferences, and Halloween to top it all off. Thursday night was the P4 evening for spouses in our pilot training class. Only myself and my friend Alia, another spouse, were able to attend. It was GREAT! We met with the squadron commander and the director of operations for the 80th OSS (People who control flying etc...) and they told us all about the planes that could be assigned and where we could be stationed, and they really clarified more detailed questions that I had. It was so informative, and I could go on for days about it, but I'll spare you.
Friday, being Halloween, was CRAZY at school. My students were allowed to dress up, but getting them to work was a whole other story. At school I was a witch. All the female teachers went as withes...it was pretty cool, and a cheap costume ($3 for a hat and broom at Walmart). Our after school staff meeting (almost 4 hours long-boo) I was able to catch a quick nap before trick-or-treaters showed up at my door. Mason and I went to a friends party and it was pretty hilarious to see all the costumes. Again, with Mason and I in the spirit of cheap we were able to come up with a pretty sweet costume--the ocean, complete with a spray bottle of ocean mist. As the night went on the more drunk people got and the more Mason and I appreciated each others choice to not be drinkers.
Today we were able to take advantage of daylight savings, although it's depressing how early it gets dark out. It was a beautiful 80 degree day and we were able to get some things done around the house and we even won $18.00 at the casino--enough to cover the Chinese dinner Mason had been craving all week.
As a last note, time seems to be going so fast. This week Mason and I will be married for a year and a half. While many of my friends here in Texas my friend Samantha, who I met in 6th grade, just had a baby, and it makes me feel old. There are only 5 weeks left until Mason's assignment night and I can already feel the anxiety because it doesn't seem like a day goes by that it isn't mentioned by someone...I think I'll have to focus my energies on working out instead of dwelling on what's to come in our future.
Saturday, November 1, 2008
P4 and Halloween
Posted by
Ellen
at
5:46:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment