Monday, January 22, 2018

Maximus at 15 Months

On January 18th and 19th I was very aware that Max was turning 15 months soon!  So exciting.  Yep.  It's January 23rd and didn't note it on the 21st.  Sorry baby.  You can use this in therapy against me one day. 

Our sweetie is a bundle of energy and I should be burning waaaay more calories each day.  Maximus is on the GO!  He's a speedy walker now.  It really took him a month to go from the slow wobbly walk to trotting.  He is all over the place now.  He likes to keep up with his brothers for sure and doesn't like to stay contained.  He does pretty well at the grocery store, but if we take too long, he's climbing out of the seat, even when strapped in!  He also is still climbing, so I often find him on top of the coffee table, train table, or dining room table!  Yikes! 

This weekend I had to put away his 12 month clothes and swapped out the 18-24 month clothes.  Acceptance.  It's hard for me.  But I've done okay about packing away and donating the clothes he's growing out of.  He's in size 3 diapers and has a little belly on him. 

Our little Guam baby LOVES to splash in the water whether it is the pool, beach, or bathtub.  He went to the base pool for the first time last week (I think).  The older boys are in swim lessons and I think this may have been his first time in the pool.  He really likes playing in the water at the beach and crawling around in the sand.  We've gone a longer time without a bathtub poop incident, so that's a plus, fo sho! 

Maximus is so curious about all the world around him.  He is frequently caught with his brother's toys, chewing on nerf gun bullets, opening drawers in the kitchen and getting into everything.  He's taken to his pacifier much more as he's teething again.  He'll often get it and his blankie from his crib and walk around the house with  them.   He got one more tooth this month for a total of 6!  He's saying: dada, mama, mo-mo (more), wa-wa (waffle), ball, baa, ni-ni (night night), bye-bye, wodo (woodrow), bro-bro (brothers). 

Little man also loves some carbs!  Max loves waffles, mini pancakes, goldfish, pizza, fruit and he's drinking water, whole milk, and the occasional juice box he swipes from his brothers.  He's off bottles and completely drinking from sippy cups/straws now.  Time to pass the bottles along. 

We get a few special hours together each day when Woodrow and Theo's school overlaps.  Most days this is Max's quick naptime, but other days we have some fun.  Mason declared the other day, "I feel a little sorry for the other ones, because Max is definitely the cutest toddler out of all of them."  Ha!  To say we all love our Maximus would be an understatement.  He's a busy guy, but we're so glad he's ours!

No comments: