Sunday, February 9, 2014

Woodrow at 6 months old

Photo Credit: Megan Morgan Photography
Half a year old already-say it isn't so!  Mr. Woodrow has been asserting his sweet little personality more and more this past month, and it's great. 

Height:  27 inches
Weight:  16 lbs. 12 oz.
Clothes Size: 3-6 month old (Mom's in denial and should be whipping out the 6 month clothes)
Diaper Size: 2 (and only pooping about 1 time a day now-yay!)

Sleeping:  Woodrow usually goes to sleep between 8:30-9:30pm and wakes up between 9-10am.  I try to get him down for a nap between 1:30-2:30 pm and he typically naps until around 5:00/5:30.   He's awake much more during the day now, but sometimes will fall asleep on our morning outings if we're just too boring (or aren't paying enough attention to him).  At night, he's sleeping in a onesie and sleep sack, and he is almost always on his tummy with his head burrowed.  He also likes to sleep with his little butt in the air, which is too cute!  He's a CHAMP with grabbing his pacifier, but can also spit them pretty far, so I have 1 regular pacifier and 2 wubbanubs in his bed.  I really think if we gave him a blankie he'd get attached to it since he doesn't have the same attachment that Theo had to the wubbanub animals, and he loves to play with the burp cloths, but I'm too paranoid to let him sleep with a blanket, even a little one.  Mason lowered his crib mattress to the lowest setting already.  :(  He lowered it since we figured during the course of Mason's absence it would need to be lowered, so he decided to go all the way-it was a sad day for me!    

Eating:  Woodrow is still getting breastmilk and when he's awake he eats every 2-3 hours (for a total of 5-6 feedings a day), and he is sleeping through the night without a feeding.  He nurses for about 10-20 minutes when he does eat and if he takes a bottle he'll drink 3-4oz.  I've tried to be consistent with giving him food on a daily basis now.  Usually I try to feed him between 7-7:30pm.  He really doesn't seem to like rice cereal or oatmeal at all.  I've attempted it several times (and will keep introducing it a few more), but he is pretty clear that he doesn't seem to like it.  I started him on pureed veggies this month.  I want to move to making my own food for him, since it doesn't seem that hard, but it really is simple to just buy the food at the store.  I did attempt to make pureed carrots mixed with breastmilk, and he didn't seem to like it very much at all.  However, he has tried squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, and peas.  He ate more peas than Theo ever did, but squash and sweet potatoes are definitely the favorites so far.  He's gotten better about eating the food, instead of just spitting it out, so his little tongue is figuring out what to do.


Woodrow is a little mover. He loves to jump in his bouncer-he's actually figured out the bounce part now), but this is when he also tends to have big blowouts, so I try to put him in there after he's pooped these days.  There's no use laying down a blanket anymore either, because he rolls and rolls all around the room, trying to grab toys, pacifiers, and anything he can get his hand on.  He grabs on to things so tightly and has a strong grip whether it's a toy or Theo's hair.  He LOVES Theo.  He babbles and squeals when Theo is around and is always trying to reach out and grab him.  He likes to be tickled, he's been trying to crawl (usually he ends up scooting backwards) and work on sitting up.  He can sit for about 30 seconds before toppling over-usually to grab something interesting.  He's a super content little guy, and it pretty clear about communicating when he is hungry, wants to be changed, or big brother is up in his face. 

We  just love our Woodrow so much!




   
  

No comments: