My baby is year and a half already. It's freaking me out that he'll be two soon enough. It seems like life is just flashing before my eyes, but I'm enjoying every moment of it. Theo is just so exciting every day. When I go into his room in the morning, he just looks at me with his big eyes, usually exclaims he has a "poo" and then starts handing me all of his books and things he sleeps with, which is followed by lots of bouncing! He's so cute, I just want to bottle him up at this age forever.
We go for his 18 month check-up in a few weeks so, I don't have any height/weight stats right now, but he's certainly growing lean and tall. Mason gave him a haircut when we moved here, and he looks even more like a little man. He's climbing on couches, speakers, and just figured out how to climb onto the dining room chairs. His vocabulary is expanding by leaps and bounds, and he really understands a lot that we say to him. We're trying to get him to "use words" instead of just pointing or whining about what he wants.
This month, we've been busy exploring different arts and crafts and having fun playing! Theo's become more acclimated to the snow, and it's starting to warm-up (be higher than 20 degrees) and the streets were plowed, so Theo and I took a walk outside this week, and it was really nice; although the wind picked up quickly, so it was a short walk.
Theo's also been getting better about using big people silverware. He's doing well using a spoon, and getting the hang of stabbing food with a fork.
Theo is really in to Sesame Street- it's basically the only show he watches on TV. Although I have been showing him doggie movies (Lady and the Tramp and 101 Dalmatians) over the course of a week and he likes those too. I got him littler Ernie and Bert figures a few weeks ago from the BX and he loves them. For Easter, I got him the Telly Monster and Cookie Monster pair. He loves taking Ernie and Cookie around with him. He's also excited in the mornings because his diapers have Sesame Street characters, so he's quick to point out which character he's wearing each day.
He also LOVES playing with the iPad. We let him play on it at limited times, mostly before bedtime. He really likes the few Fisher Price apps I have, and a small piano/musical app. He also loves to talk to Gram and Grandpa on Facetime. I downloaded a few letter apps, where a little song plays and then it shows you how to trace letters. He's getting better about figuring it out, but hasn't quite gotten any of the letters yet.
We've also been going to a little play group on Thursdays and Theo figured out how to climb up the slide they have there. It had really steep stairs, so it was fun to see him accomplish that feat. Hopefully the larger indoor play area will be finished soon and Theo can enjoy that play place, although soon enough it will be nice enough to play at the playgrounds on base.
Friday, April 5, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment