Friday, May 28, 2010

Sayonara


Mason and I have had a busy few weeks. Mason returned from Alaska the beginning of May, to be home just in time for our 3 year wedding anniversary. :-) He went straight into the vault, where he basically spent 7am-6pm everyday learning about super secret stuff pertaining to the B52. He had to learn everything at work because everything was so top secret nothing could leave. He finished with that, and spent 4 days in the alert shack on base as part of a nuclear exercise. In the alert "shack" (more of a building), several flying crews and maintenance personnel spend a few days on alert, ready to go at a moments notice. Mason had a good experience, despite the lousy food, uncomfortable bed, and no electronics of any kind allowed.

With Mason being gone, and school finishing up- that meant time to play with my girlfriends. I'm very lucky to have friends who have me for dinner, let me play with their children, and get pedicures with. It's fun having so many great friends here, although I did dearly miss Mason. Somehow it was harder when he was 2 blocks away than several states away. School is out however, and I signed my contract for next year. I'm glad to be on summer break, although it's a short one. I've been working really hard to work ahead in my current Master's class so that I wouldn't have any work on our vacation.

Some recent highlights otherwise:
I tried crawfish for the first time at senior day at our school.We saw a HUGE alligator on base.
Drama Club play was a success, and there was even an article written about it (and me) in the local paper.
We went to the circus.
Mason loves playing with his fish eye lens camera
Lastly, we are leaving tomorrow on a two week vacation to JAPAN!!! We're so excited and happy to have the opportunity (thank you Air Force) to go on this trip. I'm sure that's what most of our blog posts will be about when we return. :-) So for now, sayonara!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Sayonara, dear hearts!