Sunday, August 9, 2009

Survived- Week 1


I survived week one. Well, three days anyways. Freshman have a LOT of energy, but I'll be able to keep up. I've been having lots of fun so far; although not so sure the kids liked the fact that I gave them homework their first weekend back to school. Oh well. ;-) I finished the last touches on my classroom Friday and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. This weekend I spent some time writing a curriculum for the careers class that I'm teaching, because if I waited for the book that is supposedly in the mail to arrive, it would be December. I feel like I'm back in high school again, with all the work I'm doing, but I try to remind myself that I'm the teacher this time around.

I've been putting in long hours at school, I've been leaving the house around 5:40am, and get home around 7pm, if I work at Sylvan. Otherwise I've been able to get home around 4:30. I must say I'm pretty useless by then. Mason's been a saint with all the cooking and cleaning around the house. So appreciative that I have a husband who helps out when I'm not there to cook and clean etc...He's been busy himself preparing for his first flight tomorrow. We've had lots of study time "together" lately. At least we're in the same room. Since we didn't get to see each other much last week we went out for a date Friday night. We went out for Chinese around 7, and were home and asleep by 9...what old fogies. :-)

We're hoping that it will cool down one of these days so that we can use our new fire pit; but I guess we'll be saving up for Fall. Not much else is new; but for a laugh, we did have some dress up time last week.

1 comment:

McKay said...

You're teaching FRESHMEN!? YIKES!! I vowed I would never substitute for a freshmen class ever again!