Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Lt. Awesome



As most of you know, Mason got promoted last month to 1st Lieutenant. YAY! I wanted to post a picture of him in blues with his new rank, since he looks awesome! The Air Force declared that Mondays would be the day that blues should be worn base wide (post 9-11) but most pilots try to get out of wearing blues on Mondays, since they are usually flying or doing a simulator etc..., which requires that they wear their flight suits. Mason finally had to put on his blues this week, so I was able to snap away.

This week is the big PFT (Physical Fitness Test) for a lot of squadrons it seems, which means it's been super crowded at the gym lately. The PFT consists of a waist measurement, 1.5 mile run, push-ups and sit-ups. Mason has been concentrating most on his running time which he's been doing really well on. Mason goes in 3 times a week for group PT and then usually works out an additional 3 days on his own. Despite my interest in waking up early, I've been getting up and going to the gym when Mason has PT. It's nice to have my workout done by 8am, and it leaves time for a wind down walk at the end of the day instead of a hard core workout.

We usually get home around 8am from PT and Mason has to be to work at 8:30am, so I try to make breakfast while he's showering/changing. Not sure if the scrambled eggs, or pancakes post workout is really that effective for weight loss, but it sure it good! Mason and I have also been trying to make new dishes for dinner, since why get into the same old rut when there are dozens of cookbooks in my pantry. We've tried to make ribs a few times and they just haven't come out right, but with suggestions from our friend Phil, we were able to make the PERFECT ribs! I think we'll be trying Spaghetti Carbonara tonight- can't wait!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

So what is the secret to perfect ribs?