The month of January has been going by pretty fast. I can't believe it's almost February! Mason leaves for water survival on February 2nd and comes home on the 6th. He'll then leave for land survival February 20th and come home on March 13th.
Mason and I started off the month on a healthy note, by making New Year's resolutions to be healthier. We've been working out at least 5 times a week, and making healthier choices. Things have been going well, and we both feel better. Mason's birthday was on the 12th- he turned the big 2-4! We had a bunch of people over to our house and had lots of fun. The big highlight of the party was when everyone took out the Where's Waldo books and started finding Waldo. Mason's unfortunately not had too many flights this month, but he's been taking it pretty easy.
School has been good. My kids and I are doing lots of hard work getting ready for our state testing. The funniest thing that happened last week, was when I was explaining synonyms and antonyms. An example I gave to the 5th graders was friend and foe. I could see that one student really wasn't getting it. He asked what foe meant, and I explained that it meant enemy. He still had a funny look on his face, it wasn't clicking. Then I said, it's not like, fo'sho, it's like, someone who isn't your friend...his face immediately understood. Classic moment.
Best thing this week, Mason got me some beautiful tulips., my fav! What a sweetie!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Happy New Year
Posted by
Ellen
at
12:43:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ha ha! Fo'Sho!
Post a Comment