Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Taboo

Last week Mason and I had lots of nights out. We had a flight dinner on Thursday (hard to believe it was almost a week ago) and afterward went to a couple's house, with the flight, to play the game Taboo. For those of you who have never played, or heard of the game, the object is to get your team to guess a word on a card. There are five words below the main word and you can't say any of those words, or parts of the word itself. Words like, skyscraper, referee, etc...the funniest moment of the night was when one of the Italians pulled the card Dick Clark, starred at it for a moment and then passed because, "ah, no, this is a dirty word- I can not do." So hilarious! We'll really miss hanging out with the Italians.

Our friend Micah, from Iowa, rebuilt a tractor as a hobby while being down here for pilot training. As Mason has mentioned previously, I thought it was pretty sweet-since I have no mechanics abilities at all. Well, we were invited to a bonfire at the ranch where he works on his tractor- and I got to ride...it was AWESOME! Totally cooler than expected- and I was expecting a lot. Turns out, Mason has some skills, because he was able to change a flat tire that we got on the Highlander all by himself. The car was in the driveway, but I was pretty impressed that he just figured it out- after changing out his motorcycle battery the week prior...can anyone say Auto Mechanic in his retired life.

Saturday we attended an ugly sweater party at our friends Mike and Meg's, it was very fun. And some people's sweaters were pretty ugly! It was nice to be in the holiday spirit. We've got all our holiday decorations up and have been enjoying the lights and tree. So many people around here have fake trees, but Mason and I really like our small real tree (that smells so good) with the handmade tree skirt (thanks Aunt Karen).

Tomorrow all the family will be in town for Mason's graduation (Friday), we're looking forward to seeing everyone and showing them around. Hopefully it will not be too cold. We've finally hit below 50 temperatures. I'm sure we'll having another post after graduation, so happy holidays until then.

No comments: